The Water Quality Program monitors the proper treatment and disposal of all wastewater for household and small flow and semi-public sewage treatment systems in a manner which will protect surface and groundwater from contamination. This program also reviews, inspects and regulates new sewage systems, replacement systems and sewage system alterations.
On January 1, 2015, new Sewage Treatment System Rules (Ohio Administrative Code 3701-29) became effective for the entire State of Ohio. There are significant changes within the rules that will affect sewage system installers, service providers, septage haulers, home owners and local health departments. Information is available on the Ohio Department of Health’s website that explains some of these changes and requirements. We have also provided a PDF version of the new Sewage Treatment System Rules for your convenience and review.
- Investigate nuisances created by failing sewage systems
- Issue permits for installation, alteration and abandonment of sewage systems
- Review sewage variance requests to present to the Board
- Inspect small flow and semi-public sewage disposal systems for the Ohio EPA
- Conduct operation/maintenance programs which include annual inspections of off-lot discharging systems
- Review plans for subdivisions without access to public water or sewer
- Review lot splits
- Provide consultations on proposed alterations or replacement of existing systems
- Review building plans for residential new construction and modification on existing residential sites
- Review plans for residential swimming pools
- Inspect sewage treatment systems for real estate transfers
- Inspect pumper/tank trucks to assure proper cleaning, transportation and disposal methods
Below is a list of the inspectors and the areas that they serve:
Nathan Ralph, Supervisor
Variance Request Application
Coming Soon - Call (614) 525-3160 for application.
Sewage Treatment System Abandonment Form
Evaluation Request Form for Sewage Inspection for Real Estate Transfer
Sewage Hauler Registration Form
Sewage Installer Registration Form
Sewage Service Provider Registration Form
Professional Soil Scientists Consultants List
Sewage System Designers List
Registered Service Provider Contractors List
Registered Installer List for Household Sewage Treatment Systems
Registered Septage Haulers List
How do I get a site evaluation?
Complete and submit the Site Review Application
How do I get a sewage permit?
Complete and submit the Sewage Permit Application
How do I get a real estate sewage inspection?
Complete and submit the Real Estate Evaluation Request Form