Low-Cost Rabies Immunization Clinics
The rabies immunization clinics are sponsored by Franklin County Public Health and the Columbus Academy of Veterinary Medicine. We would like to thank our other partners that make these clinics possible.
All dogs and cats in Franklin County are required to be vaccinated against rabies and are required to wear their rabies tag.
Rabies is a virus that attacks the nerves and brain tissue of most animals. Learn more here.
- Cost is $5.00 per vaccination (cash only).
- Clinics are walk-in clinics (no appointments needed)
- All dogs and cats must be on a leash or in an animal carrier.
- Pets between 3 months and 1 year of age will receive a 1 year rabies tag.
- Pets over 1 year old with proof of a prior rabies vaccination will receive a 3 year rabies tag. Proof of prior vaccination includes one of the following:
- A rabies vaccination certificate; or
- A Franklin County/Columbus rabies tag.
- If you are unable to provide proof of a prior vaccination, your pet will receive a 1 year rabies tag.
- Please bring prior rabies vaccination certificates and/or rabies tags with you to the clinic to verify vaccination.
- Important Note: Ferrets are no longer able to be vaccinated at these clinics.
5 Important Things to Know!
Five important things to know before and after your pet is vaccinated:
- This is a low-cost clinic that does not include a physical examination of the animal;
- Before the veterinarian administers the vaccine you will need to notify the veterinary staff if your pet has had a previous vaccine reaction;
- Before leaving the vaccination clinic, notify the veterinary staff if your pet has trouble breathing, vomits, has diarrhea, begins to scratch excessively or develops any change in behavior that concerns you;
- The veterinary staff reserves the right not to vaccinate any animal in the event that the animals does not appear to be in good health or for medical reasons cannot receive a vaccine at this time;
- If your pet becomes sick after leaving the clinic, please contact your local veterinarian for help.
Dates & Locations
View Low-Cost Rabies Immunization Clinics in a larger map
Friday, September 26, 2014
Whitehall Community Park
402 N Hamilton Road
Whitehall, OH 43213
* Dog Licenses Available
* Micro-chipping Available
Friday, October 24, 2014
Franklin County Dog Shelter
4340 Tamarack Blvd
Columbus, OH 43229
* Dog Licensing Available